Setting up your Busker Store: step-by-step guide
Setting up your Busker Store takes a few minutes. Please follow the instructions below carefully. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
First, in Busker go to your profile and tap on your avatar. Then:
1. Under ‘My Store’ click 'Connect with Stripe'. Wait 5-10 seconds for the next page to appear.
2. Click ‘Connect with Stripe’. If you already have a Stripe account you can sign-in (top right) and go straight to step 6.
3. A page will load with Stripe sign-up details. You need to fill in all of the required info on that page including setting up an account login. Then click the ‘Authorize access to this account’ button.
4. Once you complete the form you’ll be prompted to connect your account with Busker. Make sure to do that!
5. Your store will now be 'Pending Approval’ and you’ll be redirected back to the app. Make sure you verify your email address with Stripe, it usually takes 2-3 days for Stripe to verify your account.
6. Now its time to add products to your store (you should do this on a desktop computer): visit www.stripe.com, login to your account and open your Stripe dashboard.
a. Make sure the toggle top left is set to Live (not to Test).
b. On the left side of the dashboard, under Relay, click on Products. Now click "+ New" and start entering product details.
c. From this screen, you’ll be able to add your product info - name, short description, long description, attributes if any, image and whether the product is shippable. IMPORTANT: mark digital products as "Not shippable" (a digital product is anything you email or provide via download instead of physical post). If you don’t have an image URL you can create one with image uploaders like https://imgsafe.org (make sure you crop the image to a square format).
d. Now add the SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) and indicate price, inventory etc. Some products have several SKUs (e.g. a t-shirt comes in different sizes and colors). Size and color are Product Attributes and you can add them here. So for example, a t-shirt is a product and a "medium female t-shirt" is an SKU.
Tip: create a description of the SKU in the ID field (so you can see who bought what in the Order section), you have to use underscores instead of spaces - see example below:
Here's what it looks like after you've added SKUs for a product:
d. If you created attributes for your product you can add individual SKUs on the next page: scroll down to Inventory and click + Add SKU. For each SKU you can adjust the price, inventory and image (but you don't have to). Again, it helps to create a description of the SKU in the ID field for each SKU so you can quickly see who bought what.
e. You need to specify how you charge for Shipping and Tax. Click on your Account Name (top right, usually your email), select Account Settings and from here click Orders.
You can choose from several options for each ( free/include, flat rate, provider). If you want to calculate the exact shipping cost or sales tax you can use a provider (we recommend Shippo for shipping and Tax Jar for tax). If you include shipping and tax in the price of your product the shipping and tax will be set to $0.00 when your buyers purchase.
7. Pfew, you're all done now. Busker will review your store and products and we'll let you know when you've been approved. Once approved you can start selling: Go Live and you will now see "Select a product" below the title field - tap it and you can select the product you want to sell. You can only select on product per broadcast.
Your viewers can purchase your product by clicking the B during your broadcast followed by tapping green sales tag.